Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 4 Month Birthday

My Sweet Chunky Monkey-

Someday you are going to read this and ask me why I always called you Chunky (Fill in the Blank). And so just to clear things up, I am going to share this with you. You had your four month check up on Thursday December 31 and the doctor once again noted that you are a big guy. He notes that you are not the bad kind of fat though, you are just very healthy. You now weigh 17 lbs and 2 ounces. This puts you into 87% for your weight. And the icing on your Dad's cake? They measured your length and you were 26 & 1/4 inches which puts you into the 89% for your height! YAY! I think your Dad did a little jig when he heard the height thing. He really keeps hoping that you stay tall. Me personally, I'm just glad you are healthy and growing.


Four months has flown by for me. Every time I sit down to write you your monthly birthday message I find myself asking "where has the time gone?" And then as I am waiting for an answer I realize that I am talking to myself and I check to see if anyone was looking. But even though the time is flying by, I am glad. Glad to see you learning and growing.




Your fourth month brought you your first Christmas. I know that you weren't really into it because you are only 4 months old. Your Dad and I opened all your presents for you while you tried to eat the wrapping paper. We took video of the whole thing so that you can watch it later in life. I remember trying to watch the video of my first Christmas. My Dad never could get it to work but I know the it would have been great. I want you to be able to see what I never could. I want to preserve these precious memories as much as I can not only for myself but for you as well.






During this past month we also started you on your first rice cereal. We mix it with a little pear juice to make it sweet and sprinkle a little formula in it as well. You like it quite a bit. When we are trying to feed you you'll try to grab the spoon and most of the food ends up on your face. This makes you smile. You seem to understand the process but your motor skills dont really let you feed yourself just yet.



The rice cereal allows you to sleep a lot better through the night. You have gone from waking up once a night to sleeping from about 9 pm to 6 am. Of course, you still have your moments when you wake up around 4 am for a snack but mostly, you just sleep right through. It is so nice to get so much sleep and I want to thank you for that.


Your talking has also increased. There are times to will sit and babble at me for the longest time. You will go from all smiles and happy sounds to a sudden burst of whines or screams. And then almost insantly, you smile again. You love the sound of your own little voice. I remember noticing that one day you didn't make much noise other than your hungry cry to the next day you suddenly realizing that all that noise was coming from you. And then you decided that you had gone long enough without talking and now, there are times I don't think you'll ever stop.


I cannot wait to see where the next month takes us. Your smiles remind me every day that you are my reason that I do all that I do. Like I say in all my birthday blogs, these past months have been amazing and I cannot wait to see where you go from here. I love you Gabe-never forget that. And Happy Four Month Birthday...Chunky Monkey.

No comments: