Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby Steps...Kind Of

Yesterday marked another milestone for Gabriel. As you may have read previously, when giving Gabe tummy time Ryan and I have found that instead of enjoying it, he usually screams like we just lit him on fire. But I don't think that will be an issue for him anymore.



Yes my voice always goes up an octave when I am talking to Gabe. He is going to think that for the first fews years of his life, I was related to Elmo. But can you blame me? People always talk higher when cute things are involved. And he certainly is cute. I also love that halfway through his second roll, he stops and looks at me like, "Really? You're that excited?"


It really was a big day for him. I am so proud that Gabe finally reached this HUGE stage in his developement. And yes, I do realize that this is a precurser to crawling but I am okay with that. Just to see him do that for the first time, it made me a little teary-eyed. My baby boy is getting so big.


After all that, however, he was very worn out and so Ryan, Sera, Becca, and I all sat on the couch and watched the Disney classic Beauty & the Beast. Gabe and Grandma Karen rested in the Lazy Boy and watched it as well.


And I am guessing by the look on his face that he is concerned that if he does anything too cute in this picture I might start squealing at him again and that all those high-pitched noises might turn his brain into skittles. It's a valid fear Gabe-really it is.

No comments: