Monday, June 27, 2011
1. Whatever comes after the DVD I am going to boycott. Who is with me? I am not restarting my collection.
2. My child blows on his ice cream is cool it off-I don’t have the heart to correct him which proves that I really am a good mom.
3. How many times can I apply sunscreen before someone stops me and tells me I am obsessed?
4. It is easier for “You” to put on a jacket to warm up than it is for me too turn off the air conditioner and remain cool. Unless you want to see me naked, better start bringing a sweater with you!
5. I must have a cutoff time for coffee consumption.
6. There are 2 moments that I dread: The first is the moment when I am arguing with Ryan and realize that I am wrong and the second is the moment is when I realize I have leaned too far back in my chair.
7. I have put certain phone numbers in my phone before so that I can be sure I don’t pick up when you call. Question is, are you one of those people?
8. Why is it that it is when you think you can finally trust your child not to do something, they do it? I am obvisouly too trusting.
9. I hate it when people assume that I am a bitch because I like to be loud and sarcastic…wait…Nevermind. I get it now.
10. Have you ever walked out of a public bathroom smelling your hands because you like the scent of the soap and had someone stare at you? I have and let me tell you how awkward it was trying to explain that one. “No no! This isn’t what it looks like. I really did wash my hands! I just like the smell of the soap. Smells like Fruit Loops.” They never believe you and will never again ask to borrow your pen. I need to work on my timing.
P.S. More Gabe to come soon. Much love to you all!
Friday, June 24, 2011
See that face? That Demon Howler Monkey? This happened because I wouldn’t let him use the ketchup-cover piece of popcorn fish that he had speared on the end of his fork to paint his face. For one, he would most likely poke his own eye out with the fork in the process and two, ketchup sucks to clean up. But clearly I was the meanest, most terrible mom EVER! So terrible that I even took a picture of him while he was so obviously devastated.
Other fun things Gabe does:
-Removes all the paper from the printer and spreads it generously around the house.
-Hides my flip-flops
-Turns the bathtub on and gets mad when we say it isn’t bath time
-Obsessively wants to flush the toilet
-Bangs on the wall of his bedroom when he wants OUT OUT OUT!
-Removes all the wipes from the plastic box they come in
-Drinks Ryan’s Mt Dew, or Daddy Juice as Gabe calls it, when ever he can get to it
-Refuses to eat anything not in nugget or ball form
-Uses the dishwasher door as a step-stool
-Bites my face!
-Pulls the handrail for the stairs from the wall
So this being said, do you still want to take him from me? (Either of Gabe’s grandmas will be saying YES right now.)
I love Gabe with all my heart. And despite his clearly destructive toddler behavior, I wouldn’t trade him for anything-NOT EVEN A KLONDIKE BAR!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
One of the best places to take him is Sweet Tomatoes. I normally HATE buffets but this one is soup and salad only and is actually pretty good. Gabe is a fan of soup and with all the different fruits and veggies, we can usually get him to eat something.
This past Friday my parents wanted to take us to out for dinner and so we opted for something Gabe-friendly. Unfortunately he wasn't a big fan of vegtables that night but he did like the oranges.
Thanks to Grandpa Chad for suggesting that I get this picture. It was worth the trouble of hiding the camera from Gabe and trying to work around eating. Much love to you all!
Monday, June 13, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
M/M/M for 6-10-2011
Make Out: Republican Rep. Chris Lee
Marry: Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner
Murder: Slim Goodbody
Allow to me to explain-Chris Lee resigned from his position as a U.S. Representative back in February because he was caught sending shirtless pics of himself to women he met on Craigslist. Lee would be a good make-out I imagine but not someone I would want to settle down with. Rep. Weiner on the other hand, he is the marrying type because as of right now he was only sending pictures-not trying to hook-up with anyone. And Slim Goodbody, that douche! Anyone who wears a roadmap to his vital organs on the outside deserves what he gets.
As for Gabe, he is doing great. He is big into safety right now and is wearing his protective head-gear. Interesting side note: that bucket also serves as a basketball hoop, water pail, giant blue shoe, and oddly-shaped and not-too-effective spoon. P.S. My M/M/M is in no way a reflection of how I feel about my husband. Ryan is the BEST and I would not trade him for 1,000,000 perverted pictures from Government Officials. (And if that isn’t true love then I don’t know what is!)
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Monday afternoon we went with my family to Wastach Lawns Cemetary to pay our respects to my Grandpa Byron and my Dad's mom LuRee who passed away from breast cancer when my dad was a teenager. We also visited my Dad's Grandparents who I never really knew. My Great Grandpa passed before I was born and my Great Grandma passed not long after I was born. But my parents have always stressed the importance of paying respects to our loved ones and even though it was cold and wet, we took Gabe to put flowers on the headstones.
I hope that when you read this someday Gabe, you will remember these times as being happy and just as important. It is so important to remember those who came before us and made our lives possible. I hope that all my kids remember that lesson.
Here are my Mom and Dad in front of the headstones of my Great Grandparents. I picked this picture not only because it is a nice one of my parents but also because you can see Gabe wandering in the background. He was OBSESSED with all the flowers and things people had left-I was worried he was going to start acting like Gabezilla and destroying things but under our watchful eyes he did very well.
I also want to take this opportunity to say Happy 4 Year anniversary to my amazing husband Ryan. On Friday night he surprised me with a wonderful dinner at Tucano's down at Gateway and then we spent the night at the Anniversary Inn in the Mysteries of Egypt Room. I should have guessed that when left in charge, Ryan would chose a room with a Snake Tub & Shower.
I love you so much Ryan! This past year has been full of difficulties for our family. From skin cancer to custody battles, we have been through a lot together. I want you to know (along with anyone else who reads this blog.) that I know you are the greatest man I could have ever hoped to marry. You love me with all your heart and treat me better than I could have ever hoped for. And as for your skills as a father...you are incredible. Your love for your children and the depths to which you will go to protect their well-being in unsurpassed. You are an amazing parent and anyone who truly knows you can see that.
This evening we had dinner at my parents' house with Becca, Spencer, and Spencer's father Larry. Spencer is always the first to offer to do the dishes and tonight he had a special little helper.
Becca had me take this picture of the 2 of them standing at the kitchen sink. They are so cute! I know that someday (Hopefully Soon! Hint hint!) that Becca and Spenny will be great parents!
I guess you could look at the theme of this post as being "I Have An Amazing Family!" And it is true...I DO! Much love to you all!