This year has been one hell of a ride! I have had some of the scariest moments of my life to the very best. I have learned a lot about people, the love of God, and about myself. And now as we prepare for 2010 which is sure to keep me on my toes even more than 2009 did, I thought I would share some of these things with you.
1. No matter what you may have in mind, God may have other ideas. Trust him…he ALWAYS knows better.
2. There is nothing in this world better than baby smiles.
3. Love truly can be unconditional.
4. No matter how many times you say no, the people will always approach you in the Smith’s parking lot and offer you tamales at a “very good price.”
5. No matter how nicely you speak to your car, it can still break down every other month.
6. There is a difference between saying you have faith and truly having it-the trick is knowing which category you fall into.
7. Never falter in what you know to be the right thing. You will be rewarded for sticking to your guns.
8. Mean people usually stay mean no matter what you do. Don’t waste precious time on them.
9. Kids aim to please-take what they say at face value and don’t be offended or angry when you hear they told someone else the complete opposite because they just want to make people happy.
10. There are hypocrites all around us and some of them we cannot avoid even though we wish we could. Just keep trying to be nice and know that they will “get theirs” in the end.
11. Deployments are hard whether he is across country or across the world. But he will love you no matter the distance.
12. Give yourself LOTS of time to assemble baby furniture.
13. You do not get a special reward for having a “natural birth” so take the epidural when offered. Labor is not fast and after 16 hours of it, you’ll regret not getting it sooner.
14. Trust doctors.
15. Trust yourself.
16. Your family can be your biggest assets even though sometimes they are just big assholes. (Love you all! HAHA!)
17. Tough times are only tough for a little while.
18. Some people NEVER change because they just don’t care.
19. It’s okay not to like someone, but it is not okay to treat them that way.
20. Never turn your back on friends even if mistakes were made. Some people are meant to be friends for life and God will always help you find each other again.
21. Certain clothes can be ruined by vomit and/or baby poop no matter how many times you wash them.
22. Get to know your neighbors-they can turn out to be the most amazing people.
23. You never really know people until you’ve seen them play Beatles Rock Band or 80’s Sing Star.
24. A dog chasing laser pointer is really funny.
25. Love your family because you’ll miss them when they leave. And never forget that they do the same for you.
Much love to you all! Good luck in 2010!