Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Special Day


Yesterday Seraphim was baptized and confirmed a member of the LDS church. It was a very special day for her and Ryan and I were glad that we were able to be a part of the events. Sera asked my mom, Grandma Karen, to give a talk on baptism, my dad Grandpa Chad to be a witness to her baptism, my siblings Becca and Byron and Becca's husband Spencer to sing a song, and then all 3 of the men to be a part of her confirmation. I know how much it meant to all of my family to be a part of Sera's big day.

Ryan and I may not be a part of the LDS faith in the traditional sense but it is a part of our lives through Sera. And to see her go through this right of passage which is a VERY BIG step in the LDS church, made Ryan and I very proud. Despite what some people may think, Ryan and I both believe that a close relationship with God and Christ is very important. And even though Sera is a different faith than us, we know that for her, this step will bring her closer to God.


The only thing that makes me feel bad is that Gabe is teething and so he was fussy for almost the whole thing. My Grandma Diane held him for half of the events and then I took over so she could see the rest. I just wish that the poor little guy had felt better so we could have been a part of the whole thing. But I know that Sera understands.

I was able to get a few pictures of Sera last night but she was all over the place seeing everyone and talking to people. I am just very happy that I was able to be there for her during such an important occasion. And I want Sera to know that despite what she may think sometimes, her Dad and I very much support her choice.

Sera, I know that there are times where you may feel like your Dad and I don't get it. But believe me when I tell you that we do. We know how important religion is to a person because our faith is just as important to us. And just as you share your beliefs with us and include us on special days likes this, we like to share our beliefs with you. And as you get older, I know that you will understand that more and more.

You have a special light inside you Sera. You are an example to all that meet you. As your Aunt Becca said last night, you truly are a great example of love. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. Please know that your Dad and I will always be there to share all your special days for as long as we live. We love you so very much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this picture of you guys.