Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It Is True! We Are Having a Baby!


Hello family and friends! I am finally going to get around to updating my blog on all the events of the past month or so. (It has been a freaking crazy month as many of you know.)

At the beginning of January Ryan and I found out that I am pregnant. We didn’t announce it until I had seen my OBGYN however. So, for those of you who were surprised that we waited until almost 10 weeks to tell you, don’t feel bad-you weren’t the only ones who found out that late.

Ry and I are really excited for the baby to come. Allow me to answer some questions that you may have. (These are the same questions that I have been asked by nearly everyone I have told.)

Q: How are you feeling? Any morning sickness?
A: I am feeling great! I have not had any morning sickness.
Q: Do you want a boy or a girl?
A: What we are really hoping for is a healthy baby. But we would like a boy.
Q: When do you find out what you are having?
A: When it comes out of my uterus.
Q: Really? You aren’t going to find out?
A: Nope. We want to be surprised.
Q: Well how are you going to plan for clothes and stuff?
A: I just won’t buy pink or blue. It really won’t be that hard.

After these series of questions, I usually get horror stories from other people’s pregnancies. Things like “24-hour labor” or “9 months of morning sickness” or other gruesome stories I won’t be sharing on a blog. Are those type of stories meant to comfort me? Because if you are trying to show your support and make me feel better, you are failing…MISERABLY!

Also, I guess I should tell everyone that Ryan leaves for his air force training on April 1 and will be gone until the beginning of October. This does mean that he will miss the birth of our child. We didn’t plan for this to happen. We had signed up for Ryan to go to his training before we even got pregnant. We can’t change it, or delay it, or fly him home. Trust me when I say, we have asked everyone and looked into any possible option. It sucks, but that is just the way it goes.

I am going to be fine and so is Ryan. He is bummed he is going to miss everything and I know that his heart will be with me no matter what. I am sad that I have to go through it all alone. But really, I won’t be alone. I have got amazing family and friends who are going to help me every step of the way. It isn't the same as having Ryan there to hold my hand, but honestly, it really is the next best thing. And if I can’t have Ry with me, there isn’t anyone else I could imagine having there except for my Mom and Dad. So I know that it will all be okay.

Sorry to have taken so long to post about the baby. Life has just gotten a little crazy as I am sure you can imagine. I am just over 15 weeks along and I feel great! Thanks for all the warm wishes and congrats. Much love to you all!

No comments: