Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I think I coughed my lung up a few days ago

So I know that pregnant women usually get sick. I have not been one of those women. So this current illness I was lucky enough to get has been VERY ANNOYING! As far as I know, which isn’t much, pregnancy sickness doesn’t included fevers, sore throat, coughing, congestion, body aches, and fatigue all at the same time. No no, what I have is a special brand of yuck. This is nature’s way of getting even since I missed out on morning sickness. And what is even better, because I am pregnant, there is not much I can take. No decongestants for this mother-to-be. I can suck back cough drops and orange juice and pray for the end to come soon.

I can also lie on the couch and complain as Ryan does his very best to make me feel better. He has been the only thing to really help me this entire time! He has been truly amazing! He gets me soup when I am hungry, makes me push fluids even when I don’t want to, and keeps me well supplied with cough drops. Not to mention all the hugs and kind words when I am cranky and miserable. (Ryan is the best husband!)

I am finally starting to feel better today. My cough sounds terrible and my voice is a little froggy but other than that, I am okay. Getting sick is never fun but being sick, being pregnant, and not being able to do much about it is not something I would recommend. Thanks again to everyone who was concerned. Really, I think I am on the mend. But if I suddenly disappear for a month, call Ryan. I may be stuck back on the couch in my blanket cocoon.

No comments: