Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011 (Part 1)

Our Easter was so JAM PACKED with events that I am going to have to create a 2-part blog to provide my readers with all the fun! I kind of sound like a used car dealer...like I really have to convince any of you to read this blog. My family is so damn cute I should be charging you to read it.



Our Easter events technically started on April 16th when Ryan's unit at the Guard Base held an egg hunt for the kids. Ry and I were worried that Gabe might not grasp the concept of the egg hunt yet but once he saw the other kids, he did just fine. Things were going great until he realized there was candy in the eggs and then he would stop, throw the eggs out of the basket, and then sit on the ground and eat the candy inside.



It was almost impossible to get Gabe to look at the camera once he discovered the candy but this was such a good picture of Ryan, I am posting it anyway.



Here I am trying to help Gabe because he kept throwing the eggs back out and I didn't want some other little egg hunter to steal his goods.




This past weekend we were lucky enough to have Ryan's parents, Scott and Linda, and his brother Todd in town for Easter. As some of you may remember, we went to Montana last Easter but this year we decided to stay closer to home. I was really bummed and so Ryan invited them down.


Saturday morning we drove to Herriman for an egg hunt with Ryan's family. Let say this one thing, Herriman is too effing far away! I guess I am an idiot because I failed to realize just how far away Herriman really is and I thought we would never get there. But I am glad we went because it was a really good hunt.


Here we have Gabe and Ryan just killing some time before the hunt started. Have you ever seen a bunch of adults trying to contain 100 toddlers from collecting candy? Hilarious! Ryan was kind enough to act as a jungle-jim and although his face may have been squished, Gabe was having a great time!


Once the hunt started all the adults grabbed the kids and ran for the field. I thought it would be cute little hunt where the kids gathered eggs but oh no! It was every adult for themselves as the little ones sat on the lawn and ate suckers. Luckily Ryan's brother was there to help.






Gabe did have some fun with some of the more creative items that were there for the kids (adults) to collect.


Later that night we went for a swim at Grandpa Scott and Grandma Linda's hotel. Gabe hasn't been swimming in a long time but he did great! Ryan and I spent most of our time in the water passing him back and forth while he kicked his legs and splashed our faces.


The ONLY thing that could have made this picture better was if Sera was in it too. That girl loves the water and I wish she could have been with us.


And this will be one of the few times that I am ever allowed to be photographed while in my swimsuit. But I want proof that Ryan is not the only person who plays with the kids-I just happen to be the one who takes most of the pictures which makes it hard for me to be in them.





On Easter Sunday Scott and Linda took us all to an incredible brunch at the downtown Marriott. If you ever have the chance to go, DO IT! My gallbladder is acting up but I premedicated and enjoyed the food. It was divine! And the Easter Bunny was even there to pass out some treats. Gabe was hesitant but wanted candy more than he was afraid.


Part way through brunch Gabe started getting fussy so Grandma Linda began a game of peek-a-boo from across the table. Things were going great and until Gabe head-butted the table in an attempt to duck under it and then the tears came pouring. But Grandma Linda was quick to rescure him again and took him into the lobby to play with the revolving door.


And let's be honest-nothing cures tears like kisses from Grandma!



After Brunch we met the Easter Bunny outside for a quick family picture. I was wondering why Gabe was being so nice and quiet for this picture since normally he screams when he gets within 5 feet of the Easter Bunny...now I know why.


I will post Part 2 soon but for now, I am going to bed. Much love to you all!

No comments: