Friday, July 9, 2010

10 Month Birthday

HAPPY 10 MONTH BIRTHDAY GABE!

Oh our Sweet Baby Boy! 10 months has gone by so quickly. And you are getting bigger and brighter all the time. I know that in your 10 month picture you are not even awake but we take what we can get these days. Whenever I pull out my camera you automatically think it is something you should be eating. So we sneak pictures when we can of when you are restrained like in the picture below.

As you can see in this picture you were so happy to see me. Over this past month your emotions have become much more intense. And your facial expressions are so vivid. You have the most expressive little face and it is becoming easier to tell what it is you want or need. And let me tell you, that smile kills me every time. It's getting really hard not to spoil you.

This past month you have really started to be fascinated with everything you shouldn't. It can be the T.V., the dog dish, or something like baby powder, but you must have it. We have become pros at getting the baby gate up quickly before you can get into the kitchen and destroy. But even when you are being naughty, you are as cute as ever.



You are also talking more and more. And guess what my little Angel??? MA MA MA! That's right! You have finally started to say it. I am still unclear if you really understand that I am MaMa but just like DaDaDaDa, I am taking what I can get. You have also started using the Ba, Na, and Pa sounds. I am hoping that soon enough it will become real worlds.

Also you have started "cruising" which means any day now you are going to walk. You will grab the couches and go from one end to the other. You will also do the same with Entertainment Center. It is so cute to watch you go. But the down side is that you are having more bumps now. It seems like at least once a day you are bumping your head on something. In fact tonight, you were attempting to throw an empty soda bottle over the baby gate into the kitchen and it slipped from your hand and hit you on the head. You cried for about 30 seconds and then went right back to smiles.

This month we have also started you on more solid snacks. Things like bread, bits of lunch meat, chunks of cheese, green beans, Oreos, Goldfish crackers, and lots of other things. You seem to love solids even more than your baby food. And it is so cute to watch you shove all these new foods into your mouth. You will smile and clap and it is so much fun. P.S. Your favorite thing so far...green beans straight from the can. That's my boy!


Gabe, you bring so much joy into my life. I know that I say this to you EVERY birthday blog but I don't think you can ever hear it enough. You have a the greatest personality and so many people love you. Perfect strangers will stop and smile at you. They comment on your big blue eyes and your infectious little grin. It is nice to see that it isn't just your Dad and I that think you are adorable.

I see you learning more and more every day. You love your blankie. You hate having your diaper changed. You like the sound of your hands and feet slapping on kitchen floor. You like playing catch with your Dad. You love things you can stack or things with wheels. You LOVE music! But most importantly you love your family. And Sweet Baby Gabe, WE LOVE YOU TOO! Happy 10 Month Birthday!


No comments: