Monday, September 29, 2014

Welcome Baby Elizabeth

WELCOME ELIZABETH!
Born August 4, 2014 
Weight: 9lbs 4oz
Length: 21 inches

I guess you could say that life sometimes happens.  Since I last checked in our family went to Disneyland for Halloween in 2013, I got pregnant, my sister and her family moved to Washington, my brother and his wife moved back to town, and I gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl.


Last October we were lucky enough to take our kids to Disneyland right before Halloween.  It was an incredible trip.  Both my parents and Ryan's parents were able to be there with us, as well as my sister and her family and my brother and his wife.  We were in the park all day until our feet ached.  Gabe loved Splash Mountain so much that we rode it six times, including a couple times while dressed in our Halloween costumes.  Sera loved Autopia because she wanted to drive a car.  I rode with her and we both agreed that driving is not her best skill just yet but we laughed the entire ride.  

It was such a magical trip to take with the kids.  Gabe is the perfect age where everything was real and amazing.  He was so good about waiting in line and wanted to ride everything.  He was not afraid to try any ride with the exception of the Tower of Terror.  He went on it but was afraid that he was going to disappear like the people in the movie did.

In December Ryan and I found out that I was pregnant.  We were lucky enough to be able to tell both of our families at the same time during our Christmas Eve family party.  I was scared to be pregnant again but could not wait to find out what gender our baby was going to be.  I know that I kept telling everyone I wanted to have a boy but that was probably because I was terrified to have a girl.  You see, Gabe got here and so far, I have been able to raise him fairly well.  Who knew if I would be able to do that same for a baby girl?!?!

But low and behold we got the news a few months later and...
In between the time we found out that we had a baby girl on the way and the time that she got here, my sister and her husband decided to move to Port Angeles, Washington with their son Noah.  I was sad when I heard that their family was moving out of state.  My sister has been one of my best friends and I couldn't believe that she was moving away.  I get to talk to her often on Skype and we text.  She is happy and her family is where they are supposed to be.  I still hate that she is gone but am happy for her new adventure.

The blow of Becca moving was made easier by my brother Byron and his wife Holly moving back to Salt Lake City.  They had both graduated from Utah State and moved back to the big city.  Byron is going to school and Holly is working hard.  It has been fun to get to hang out with the more.  I love my brother's sense of humor and we always have a good time together.  

After a fun summer it was time...

On August 4, 2014, I arrived at St Mark's Hospital for my planned C-Section.  I was a little nervous but  honestly, it was not bad.  I had Ryan by my side and after having Gabe via C-Section, I was ready for what was about to happen.

So at 8:12 am, we welcomed Elizabeth Diane into the world.  She was born at 39 weeks and weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and was 21 inches long.  I was instantly in love!  She had a tiny little layer of dark hair and big round cheeks.  



But my state of peace and bliss was going to quickly change.  At about Midnight on August 5, the nurse came into my hospital room and informed Ryan and I that Elizabeth was struggling with her breathing and she was losing weight a little faster than they were comfortable with.  It didn't take long before she was having chest x-rays and blood work done.  And by 6:30 a.m. she was being sent to the NICU.  I was heart broken and terrified!

Elizabeth spent almost 36 hours in the NICU due to fluid she inhaled while in the womb.  She was on oxygen and IV fluids.  It was one of hardest and scariest 36 hours of my life.  I know that it could have been much worse looking back at it.  But having to go and visit my newborn baby girl in the NICU, having to talk to the doctor about her condition, discussing the possibility of having to leave her there if I was discharged before she was better-it was all horrible.

Luckily she recovered quickly and was able to come home with me.  Since being home, she has been doing great.  She is now even starting to smile at us which melts my heart.  Gabe is proving to be a great big brother.  He loves to feed her and give her kisses.  He is even great about taking dirty diapers to the trash.  Sera is being just as awesome as always.  She loves to hold Libby and give her lots of snuggles.


I know that I have been absent for a long time.  I am hoping that this is the start of my blogging.  But with 3 kids now, 4 if you count Ryan, I am bound to be pretty busy.  I appreciate everyone encouraging me to get back into blogging.  Much love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favorite line...3 kids....4 if you count ryan. you are incredible and i love you so much!!! xoxox