Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mormon Pioneers Needed Pirate Ships

This weekend Ryan and I took the kids up to This is the Place Park for an event called "Little Haunts."  The park passes out candy and has all sorts of Halloween-themed activities for kids.  Our kids were just excited that they got to wear their costumes.  And I guess maybe I should explain their costumes.  Sera is Athena the Greek Goddess.  Gabe is The Doctor from a British T.V. show called Doctor Who.  Yes, my kids are geeks and I LOVE IT!
 Here they are posing for me even though they just wanted to run and collect all the candy they could.

Going on a pony ride.  Who doesn't love ponies?

 Weirdest thing we saw?  A pirate ship.  Because it is widely known that Mormon pioneers were also excellent pirates.
 I was panning for gold...didn't strike it rich.
And here is Gabe just hanging out.  

It was really a fun event and we were there for almost 3 hours.  Again we didn't give ourselves near enough time and didn't get to do everything that was there.  Next time we will know better. 
This week is the BIG night...HALLOWEEN!  
Gabe and Sera are both ready to go and cannot wait to trick-or-treat until they drop.
Much love to you all!

No comments: