Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Him




Happy One Month Birthday my Little Gabe-zilla! I cannot believe you are already one month old. You have graced me with your presence for an entire month now and you have grown so much. You are taller now and your head...well, I'll be honest. I think you have gained all your weight in your head. To me, it seems GIANT!






You are starting to smile a little. Mostly it happens when you finish eating and are relaxed. I am going to pretend that it is because you love me and for more than a constant source of food. I also think you smile a little after you fart but I hear that is pretty common for babies. But I will take what I can get.






You are also starting to have more awake time which is great except for when you decide that awake time should be at 3 a.m. I love that you are looking around a lot more. That you are taking in all that you can and learning a little more each day.






You still have your redish-blonde hair and I love that. I worry about you going bald and having all your precious baby hair fall out. I love that your eyes are turning a little more blue. Your Dad keeps making jokes about you becoming a "Ginger" but I couldn't care less. You are the most gorgeous baby boy I have ever seen and if you have red hair, so be it. It will only compliment your blue eyes.






My only wish is that you would stop growing. I don't want you to get any bigger. I want you to stay my precious little baby FOREVER. And I say that, but I also am excited to see what you will do next. I want to know so badly what you will become. What you will be interested in. What you will do. What you will say. So really, keep growing my ten-pound meatloaf...keep growing so that your Dad can turn you into his little minion.






I hope you know just how much your Dad, Sera, and I love you. We are so happy that you have been here for a month and we look forward to watching you grow and learn. Happy one month birthday my precious baby boy! Mama loves you more than you could ever know.

1 comment:

BL said...

I love it! He has been the most handsome addition to our family...okay well he tied with Spencer. :) I'm so glad you both are healthy and happy! LOVES LOVES LOVES!