Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Congrats to the Obama's!!


Just wanted to do a short blog about 2009's Inauguration Day. I thought it was wonderful! As I was getting ready for work I kept peeking at the T.V. and watched as the Obama's arrived at the White House before heading to the Capitol-they looked so confident and calm. It made me feel very proud that I voted for President Obama. When I hear him speak and watch him conducted himself, I am filled with hope. I believe that I made the right choice by voting for Obama. I believe that he wants to change this country for the better. And more importantly, I believe that he can make that change happen.


There are many people who have been upset by the way our country has been run over the past few years. And hopefully, most of those people welcomed the changes brought by yesterday's events. Hopefully we, as Americans, can continue to stand united behind our new leader and press forward to make this country a better place.


There are people who are criticizing Dr Joseph Lowery's benediction where he said, "we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to give back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead man, and when white will embrace what is right" But what those same people should remember is this: that man is not our president. He is not the person we elected. So yes you may think what he said was strange, but he is not the person who is going to be running this country. So please, stop making a big deal about. His message was all about peace anyway. Remember that he also said, "And now, Lord, in the complex arena of human relations, help us to make choices on the side of love, not hate; on the side of inclusion, not exclusion; tolerance, not intolerance. And as we leave this mountaintop, help us to hold on to the spirit of fellowship and the oneness of our family. Let us take that power back to our homes, our workplaces, our churches, our temples, our mosques, or wherever we seek your will." So come one people! If that is the only thing you can complain about, GET OVER IT!


I look forward with hope, not hate, not anger, not with an impending sense of doom or fear, to the next four years. Only time will tell if President Obama is going to be able to help this country out of its current mess. But, I have hope and I believe that yes, we can!


No comments: