Saturday, November 24, 2012

He's Coming To Town In Style

Today we took the kids over to the Valley Fair Mall because Santa Claus was coming to town and arriving in a helicopter of all things.  Ryan and I thought it would be a fun way to kick off our holiday season with the kids.  It was really cold sitting on the curb waiting for Santa but it was worth it when we heard the sounds of the helicopter approaching.  

Everyone stood up and kids started screaming and clapping.  Gabe was just a little confused about why everyone was so excited.
 But then the Big Guy himself stepped out and he got the biggest grin on his face and yelled, "HI SANTA!"  Sera was laughing and clapping.  I will admit that, for some reason, I got a little choked up watching my kids light up with joy.  I love seeing their little faces so excited.
 Of course we had to go over and say hi!  Both kids ran towards Santa and I was worried that when Gabe got closer he would get nervous and start to cry like he has every other year.
 But instead he gave Santa a big hug.
 After we said hello to Santa, Ryan asked the helicopter pilot if we could take a picture next to the helicopter and he was nice and said yes.  He even asked if the kids wanted to see inside the helicopter where he sits to fly it.  And of course, they both said yes.
 So he opened it up and showed them both all the dials and buttons.  Gabe was fascinated and really wanted to start pushing things.  
 After that Ryan decided it would be a fun treat for the kids to pick out a cupcake at The Sweet Tooth Fairy.
Sera picked out the Double Fudge cupcake and Gabe got the Fairy Fetti cupcake.
 We then hurried home because they really wanted to eat them but I said they couldn't in the car.  It was TORTURE having to wait the 5 minute drive home.

It was such a fun way to start getting ready for Christmas.  I have always loved Christmas but now that I have kids, I love it for a whole new reason.  I love getting to experience Christmas through their eyes.  I love how innocent and amazed they are.  I love seeing them be excited for all wonderful things.
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and are just as excited for the rest of the holidays as we are!  Much love to you all!

No comments: