Sunday, June 17, 2012

Deck Garden

Ryan and I decided to try our hand at gardening this year.  As some of you may remember, back in May 2009 I tried growing a tomato plant but Freya ate the plant before it could even get going.  (Stupid Dog!)

But this year was different!  We got ourselves some 5-gallon buckets, potting soil, and plants.  We have 3 tomato plants: (L to R) Purple Cherokee, Italian Traveler, and Cherry Tomatoes.  We planted these the weekend before Memorial Day weekend and I was getting discouraged because nothing was happening.  The plants would flower and then the flowers would die and fall off.  After over 4 weeks of watering and caring for these I wanted some results!
 Last night I got my wish.  Our cherry tomato plant has 4 tiny tomatoes!  I AM SO HAPPY!
 But even better, today while showing Sera the tomatoes, Ryan saw this!  That's right!  We have a green bell pepper too!  We only have one bell pepper plant so I hope it produces tons of peppers.
We also have 2 cucumber plants but they are the black sheep of our garden.  The plants are growing but no tiny veggies yet.  I am hoping they see how much I love the other plants and starting feeling neglected.

I will keep you posted on my veggies unless they die and then you will NEVER hear about them again.  Much love to you all!

No comments: